Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty little morsels indeed! Easy and quick to make and they'll disappear just as fast!
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (flavored)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 2 large onions (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup butter (melted) or 3⁄4 cup margarine (melted)
- salt and black pepper
- Defrost spinach, drain and squeeze dry.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Using teaspoons full, roll spinach into 1-inch round bite-size balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet coated with a non-stick cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
These were yummy!! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I'm not going to give any stars because I think I goofed and it's not fair to rate it badly.
Think I made a bad assumption - I could not find "grated" mozzarella cheese and the mozzarella I had wouldn't grate.It was a gooey mess. Did you mean "shredded"? Since I couldn't find it grated, I just used 1 cup of the parmesan - Wrong thing to do. They got very dry. Also guess you really have to use 2 onions. I used 1 - not much flavor. If anyone can explain the "grated" mozzarella, I'll try it again.
These were pretty good appetizers; made them for our christmas party with friends. Took longer than 5 minutes for me to prep, but I really hate defrosting/wringing out spinach plus the rolling into balls takes awhile. Overall, the mix was very hard for me to work with, even after adding extra breadcrumbs. Maybe homemade breadcrumbs would work better? I made a half recipe and it made about 2 1/2 dozen walnut sized balls. I hope they're good reheated! Thanks for posting.