- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons whole-grain wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed drained
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 dash black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat eggs (or egg substitute) with flour until smooth.
- Squeeze spinach to dry then add to egg mixture along with cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with wheat germ and bake in preheated 350-degree oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes then cut into 1-1/2 inch squares.