Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons whole-grain wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed drained
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 dash black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- In a large bowl, beat eggs (or egg substitute) with flour until smooth.
- Squeeze spinach to dry then add to egg mixture along with cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with wheat germ and bake in preheated 350-degree oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes then cut into 1-1/2 inch squares.
Aside from the great taste, these are easy to put together. So many appetizers are fussy and time consuming. These were no problem at all!! Will do these again I'm sure.
These were good, I liked the cayan pepper, next time i am going to make them in a smaller pan because mine came out flat, but they tasted really good. Thanks;)
This appetizier filled the kitchen with a wonderful aroma as it baked. The overall texture and flavor was disappointing. This recipe was much to bland to eat alone. You can pick-up the cayenne pepper flavor, but perhaps it could be topped with sour cream or some other additive.