Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a wonderful filling paratha(bread) to enjoy with tomato-cucumber-onion raita(yoghurt) or plain low-fat yoghurt and a healthy soup and salad bowl on the side. Very nutritious and tasty. I found this recipe in the Thursday magazine where it was posted by Nitya Kalyani. Enjoy!
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh fenugreek leaves, washed and chopped (methi)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves
- oil, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, boil together the spinach, mint and fenugreek leaves alongwith salt to taste.
- Allow it to cool completely once boiled.
- Then grind it with cumin, ginger, green chillies and garlic to obtain a smooth paste.
- In a clean bowl, mix together this ground paste, cheese, wheat flour and water and oil as is required to make a dough just as you make the chappati dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 20 minutes.
- Then divide it into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion till it is 6 inches in diameter.
- Roast each paratha on a hot flat bottom griddle(tava) till it is golden brown on either side. Use ghee sparingly to let it cook and get that awesome paratha with ghee flavour.
- Serve hot, right off the griddle, alongwith raita for a delectable delightful treat.
- Don't forget to thank the Kitchen Goddess who cooks for you while you sit back seeing television or surfing the net.