Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is from the January 1952 issue of Woman's Day, and is officially titled "Fletcher's Special Cheese Spaghetti" and was submitted to the magazine by Mrs. J.L. Fletcher of Gainesville Florida.
- 1 lb pork chop
- 1 tablespoon fat
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cube pork and brown in fat. Add onion and celery.
- When onion is brown add remaining ingredients, except for spaghetti and cheese, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti and drain, combine with sauce in a 2 quart casserole dish. Cover with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
A simple and good baked spaghetti casserole, liked the celery, very simple and could easily be added to, I used bacon rather than pork chop and we enjoyed this, thankyou, made for Bargain Basement tag game.