Recipe by Yami Zuma
This soup is a delicious blend of several recipes - fabulous for a culinary holiday on a cold snowy day.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄2 finely diced roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 finely diced medium size onion
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a pot large enough to hold the soup.
- Saute onions, celery and red peppers until soft.
- Add the cumin, oregano, paprika, black pepper and garlic salt.
- Add flour and cornstarch and stir into a paste. Stir until it bubbles.
- Gradually add the chicken stock, then gradually add the milk, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Cook on low heat until heated through.
- Add baking soda and cheese, and stir until the cheese is melted inches.
- Let the soup continue to cook on low heat for five to ten minutes, then serve and enjoy!