Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe online (www.allfreecrafts.com) & used it for Christmas 2006. I made a test batch before gift-giving, and this is my tweaked version of the original recipe- my version includes more cheese and is less thick. Note: I found the cheese powder at the local bulk foods store.
- 2 cups powdered coffee creamer
- 3⁄4 cup powdered cheese sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 cups instant potato flakes (approximate amount)
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 (10 ounce) boxcooked chopped broccoli
- shredded cheese
- Layer ingredients in a 1 quart canning jar in the order given. Use enough potato flakes to fill the jar- may not need the full amount (I didn't).
- For gift-giving, attach a card that reads: Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pan. Add contents of jar, stir well, remove from heat, and let sit five minutes. Optional: May stir in one cup diced, cooked ham or broccoli.
- NOTE: I found that this soup got very thick as it cooled, so I've cut down on the original amount of potato flakes and increased the water. If you find that it's too thick, add another cup of boiling water.