I found this recipe online (www.allfreecrafts.com) & used it for Christmas 2006. I made a test batch before gift-giving, and this is my tweaked version of the original recipe- my version includes more cheese and is less thick. Note: I found the cheese powder at the local bulk foods store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups powdered coffee creamer
- 3/4 cup powdered cheese sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 cups instant potato flakes (approximate amount)
- 1Layer ingredients in a 1 quart canning jar in the order given. Use enough potato flakes to fill the jar- may not need the full amount (I didn't).
- 2For gift-giving, attach a card that reads: Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pan. Add contents of jar, stir well, remove from heat, and let sit five minutes. Optional: May stir in one cup diced, cooked ham or broccoli.
- 3NOTE: I found that this soup got very thick as it cooled, so I've cut down on the original amount of potato flakes and increased the water. If you find that it's too thick, add another cup of boiling water.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Soup Mix in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 216.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cheese sauce mix