Recipe by MizzNezz
Just right for cool weather. This has a wonderful cheesy flavor.
Top Review by MarieRynr
This was delicious!! Very rich and tasty. I made it exactly as the recipe specified, except I cut the quantities in half since there are only two of us. We polished it off and enjoyed every mouthfull. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the great recipe!!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups instant potato flakes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- On med heat cook and stir butter, celery, carrot and onion for 10 minutes (do not brown).
- Add water and boullion, stir until boullion is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in mashed potatoes; slowly add milk and cheese, stiring constantly, heat through, (do not boil).