Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you've ever had the cheese soup at the Folklife Festival in Hannibal, MO, this is the recipe! It's a delicious and hearty soup. The recipe doesn't call for meat, but you could add cooked chicken if you want it.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1⁄2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (20 ounce) package california-blend frozen vegetables
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- mushroom (optional)
- Boil first five ingredients for 20 minutes.
- Add California blend vegetables and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add canned soup and cheese and cook until melted.