Recipe by maryL in Canada
This is a creamy soup that is real comfort food on a cold Fall or wintery day.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated cheese (preferably old)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan,heat oil add celery, carrots and onions.
- Saute for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- Add chicken broth and heat to boiling then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine milk, flour and salt.
- Stir into the broth.
- Cook and stir til thickened.
- Add the cheese and stir til melted.