Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have made this recipe for 25 years and still get request for the recipe. My son is a diabetic and this is the only way I can get him to eat vegetables. This is my favorite soup.
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 20 ounces frozen broccoli
- 20 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- In a large pot combine chicken broth cubes, water, potatoes, carrots, celery and onion.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Add cream of chicken soup and cheese and cook until cheese melts.
I halved the recipe, used a frozen mix of broccoli and cauliflower, left out the chicken bouillon cubes, used cream of mushroom soup. I sprinkled a little shredded cheddar nad jack cheese over the top and put a dash of paprika on top. Delicious, I ate way too much and got so stuffed. I love this and it is a great winter time soup! Thanks Melody!
This is an excellent tasting cheese soup that is very easy to prepare. Comfort food at its best for sure...creamy and cheesy. This recipe is going in my "keeper" notebook. Thanks for sharing it, Melinohio.
Very good......will make again