Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was adapted to resemble a soup once served by a favorite restaurant.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- Peel and dice potatoes, chop onion, and slice carrots thin.
- Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven or other large heavy pan.
- Add potatoes, onions, carrots, and beans to broth, then cover and simmer 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a pan on top of stove, blend in flour and cook one minute.
- Gradully add milk to butter-flour mixture and cook (stirring constantly) at medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it melts.
- Now stir the cheese sauce and pimento into the cooked vegetables and broth.
- Cook over low heat until hot but do not boil.
- Serve hot.
I thought I had reviewed this already. Oh well, here it is. This is very good. Made again tonight and it's still good. Thank you!