This recipe was adapted to resemble a soup once served by a favorite restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice potatoes, chop onion, and slice carrots thin.
- 2Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven or other large heavy pan.
- 3Add potatoes, onions, carrots, and beans to broth, then cover and simmer 12 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile melt butter in a pan on top of stove, blend in flour and cook one minute.
- 5Gradully add milk to butter-flour mixture and cook (stirring constantly) at medium heat until mixture thickens.
- 6Add cheese and stir until it melts.
- 7Now stir the cheese sauce and pimento into the cooked vegetables and broth.
- 8Cook over low heat until hot but do not boil.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.0
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 586.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 16.0 g