Cheese Souffle in Tomatoes
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Cut top of tomatoes.
- Scoop out flesh with spoon; reserve flesh for other use.
- Drain tomatoes upside down on absorbent paper.
- Melt butter in pan, add flour, cook stirring 1 minute.
- Add milk gradually, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in egg yolks, cheese and half the parmesan cheese.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, gently fold cheese between tomatoes, sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in moderate oven 10 minutes.