Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Instead of cheese you can use 1/2 cup of finely chopped spinach or 1/2 to 3/4 cup bacon or any other item.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese, your favorite
- 4 egg whites
- Make a sauce of the butter, flour, salt and milk.
- Beat 4 egg yolks into the sauce and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Mix well and let cool.
- Fold in the egg whites that have been stiffly beaten.
- Set in baking dish in shallow pan of water and bake 1/2 hour at 350 degrees.