Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family has been having this for Christmas breakfast for years. We make it on Christmas Eve, let it sit overnight, and put it in the oven the next morning. The prep time does not include the time that the soufflé has to sit.
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 cups grated cheese (1 cup sharp, 1 cup medium)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cut the edges off the bread.
- Form a layer with 4 slices of bread, and put half of the cheese on top.
- Repeat with the rest of the bread and cheese.
- Beat the rest of the ingredients together and pour them over the layers.
- Slice butter and put it on top.
- Let stand several hours or overnight.
- Bake 25 or 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.