Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Testing. Somewhere between a savory cookie and a cracker. Great for holidays and parties! Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- Sift flour, cayenne and salt together. Set aside.
- Combine butter with cheeses.
- Stir in pecans, then flour mixture a little at a time using a wooden spoon to make a soft dough.
- Shape mixture in 2 x 8-inch long rolls. Wrap in plastic film. Secure ends. Chill at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Cut each roll into 1/4 inch slices. Place slightly apart on flat baking trays.
- Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes or until a light golden brown color. Leave on trays until just firm. Lift onto wire rack. Cool completely before storing in sealed containers.