Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from my sister. She used to make this often growing up. Serve with a wild rice and a nice green salad.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil (fresh or dried)
- Brown chicken breast in butter or margarine.
- Add cheese soup, tomatoes, onion, and basil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
This was an easy & delicious recipe to make. I have made it two times, serving it once with simple mashed potatoes & once with egg noodles. The sauce was quite tasty with each. The second time I made the dish I omitted the basil & added a can of chopped roasted chiles, turned out to be a great addition. Thank you for sharing this one!
Really just didn't like the taste. Sorry!