Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
My Mom has made these for years! They are quick and delicious!
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chives or 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 18 slices minature rye cocktail bread
- Combine all ingredients and mix well;
- Spread over bread slices;
- Broil 4 inches from heat until cheese melts.
- Can be done in a toaster oven, also!
This was one of the tastiest and easiest appetizers I've ever made. I didn't make the whole recipe b/c I wasn't having company. Just made enough for myself as a treat. I used the green onions and cheddar. Thanks for the recipe! Lee