Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From an old clipping by Bianca Centofanti.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 lb small shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 9 inches deep dish pie shells
- preheat oven to 350. Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Crumble bacon into pie shell, sprinkle mushrooms, onions, shrimp evenly over bacon.
- Combine eggs, milk, cream, cheese and pepper in a medium bowl and beat well. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
The mushrooms and shrimp are a nice change from the usual quiche. I also liked the gruyere better than the regular Swiss I use. The only change I made was subbing chopped green onions, which I prefer in quiche. Thanks for a nice, light supper!
Too many eggs. Other than that, looks good.