These are wonderful savoury scones, which I got from 99 cents traditional british cooking cookbook. What a great invest I have to say! ;) These are very easy to make and in my opinion have a great flavour, too. Let me know what you think!
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- In a big bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Using your finger tips work in butter until dough resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center and add milk. Using a knife stir quickly into a smooth dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 or 3 turns before rolling out (you can also just pat it down a bit).
- Using a cookie cutter or glass to cut out scones (I use a 7.5 cm glass).
- Place on a paper-lined baking sheet.
- For glaze combine melted butter with cheese and sesame seeds and spread evenly over scones.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Enjoy warm or cooled.