Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Have them for breakfast or have with a piping hot cuppa tea. The cheesy flavour is quite delicious!
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- milk, to mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 65 g butter
- 125 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- Sieve dry ingredients.
- Rub in butter.
- Add cheese, leaving a little to glaze the scones.
- Bind with egg and milk and knead to a soft rolling consistency.
- Roll out dough to 1/2" thick and cut into shapes.
- (Round works very well with me).
- Brush with milk or egg and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a hot oven (425-450* F).
These turned out exactly how I wanted. My dad is always asking us to make cheese scones, so for a birthday treat I made these. I took a nibble of one before packaging them, and the flavor was delicious. They were also easy to make; I just wonder if there will be differences in the batches since the amount of milk isn't fixed. I also added a dash of garlic powder and a couple dashes of paprika and pepper flakes.
hi this recipe was great for what i was looking for they turned out lovely and lasted in my house for under an hour thankyou chef #188137