1/1 Photo of Cheese Scalloped Potatoes & Carrots
Rhonda *J*'s Note:
I always make these to go along with my glazed ham,it has become quite a favourite. I have passed this recipe(along with my glaze recipe) to both my mother & my sister who both now make them as well. I got it from one of those Kraft What's Cooking magazines quite a few years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Bring water to a boil in a large frying pan, add potatoes, onions,& carrots.
- 3Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- 4or until tender, drain.
- 5In a medium saucepan, melt margarine, remove from heat and stir in flour, salt, pepper& cayenne.
- 6Add milk, blending well.
- 7Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until thickened and smooth.
- 8Stir in cheese, cook over low heat, stirring constantly until cheese melts.
- 9In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, layer half the potato, onion& carrot mixture;Top with half of the cheese sauce.
- 11(I like to sprinkle the top with some parsley.) Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
- 12or until potatoes are tender.
- 13Remove cover during last 10 minutes of baking.
- 14**Ialways make them this way, but here are a few variations:*Chili: Add 1 tsp chili powder& cumin to sauce**French-Tarragon: Add 2 tbsp fresh tarragon leaves or 2 tsp dried to sauce**.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Scalloped Potatoes & Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.5
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 704.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 14.4 g