Recipe by Kellogs
This is a recipe by Emeril Lagasse (from The Essence of Emeril show) that my husband enjoys.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
This was fantastic! I doubled the recipe and baked them in a large, glass lasagna pan and it took about an hour for them to cook the whole way through. But it was well worth the wait. I served them at our Christmas Eve dinner that we host every year and my FIL bugged me all night until I finally printed out the recipe to send home with him. I will absolutely make these again and again!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 3 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced, not rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fry the onion in butter until soft, add flour and whisk in with butter for 2 minutes.
- Then whisk in the milk and cook (on medium heat) until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add 3/4 cup of cheese, stirring until melted; season with salt and pepper.
- Layer half of potatoes in a small baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with half of sauce.
- Layer remaining potato slices on top of sauce and season. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (I sprinkle with a little parsley when done to add colour.).