Recipe by Lorac
Like cabbage? You will LOVE this recipe! I found this treasure in a 1968 edition of the Missouri Farm Bureau Cookbook.
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
I'm actually not that big of a cabbage fan, but my fiancé is so I made this for him. However, I loved this too!! I simply love vinegar, so just love the kick it gives this dish. It's definitely not lacking in flavour!
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coarsely crushed potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add salt and cabbage to the boiling water, stir and boil 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat but do not drain.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, vinegar and mayonnaise, mix in cabbage and cooking liquid.
- Pour into a 1 quart casserole, top with cheese and potato chips and bake 25-30 minutes.