Recipe by Wildflour
Creamy, cheesy sweet carrots and corn all baked up together! My own concoction! Very good!! Hope you try it some time! GREAT for gatherings and potucks! A nice change from the potato casseroles... ;)
Top Review by OhSheila
My family loved it! I did not have white corn on hand, so I used only yellow. I also added a can of diced chicken and it worked perfectly as a whole-meal casserole. Will make again for sure. Thanks Wildflour!
- 8 cups thickly sliced baby carrots
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups fresh yellow and white corn, can sub frozen
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) garden spread cream cheese
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups finely crushed butter flavored crackers
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil carrots til just tender, drain, add corn, set aside.
- In large bowl combine well the rest of ingredients except the crackers, butter and parsley.
- Add carrots and corn to cream mixture. *Folding in gently so as not to turn the carrots into mush!
- Pour into ungreased or greased, either way, glass 13x9 baking dish.
- Smooth top flat and even.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter.
- Stir in cracker crumbs and parsley.
- Sprinkle over casserole evenly.
- Bake in 350º oven for about 40-45 minutes or til bubbly!