Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Creamy, cheesy sweet carrots and corn all baked up together! My own concoction! Very good!! Hope you try it some time! GREAT for gatherings and potucks! A nice change from the potato casseroles... ;)
- 8 cups thickly sliced baby carrots
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups fresh yellow and white corn, can sub frozen
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) garden spread cream cheese
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups finely crushed butter flavored crackers
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Boil carrots til just tender, drain, add corn, set aside.
- In large bowl combine well the rest of ingredients except the crackers, butter and parsley.
- Add carrots and corn to cream mixture. *Folding in gently so as not to turn the carrots into mush!
- Pour into ungreased or greased, either way, glass 13x9 baking dish.
- Smooth top flat and even.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter.
- Stir in cracker crumbs and parsley.
- Sprinkle over casserole evenly.
- Bake in 350º oven for about 40-45 minutes or til bubbly!
My family loved it! I did not have white corn on hand, so I used only yellow. I also added a can of diced chicken and it worked perfectly as a whole-meal casserole. Will make again for sure. Thanks Wildflour!
No one in my family liked this. It has a strange oder but it is pretty. It seems too cheesy and the carrots seemed out of place. It would probably be good if you replace the carrots with potatoes. I don't see the point of having white corn you can't really see the different colors of the corn.