Recipe by Luiji D.
These muffins are perfect to go with soup. Butter and serve them while hot, and this is a perfect alternative to croutons, bread or garlic bread. They're also really easy to make, and you can also change them up a bit as well!
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced spring onion
- 3 tablespoons chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan-forced).
- In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Put aside 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Place the rest of the cheese and wet ingredients in a separate bowl and combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix well to combine.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan (don't use patty pans). Spread batter evenly between cups.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over muffin batter, place in oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot, with butter.
- NOTE: you can change this recipe up however you want. You can add ingredients such as grated zucchini, bacon, use different varieties of cheese, etc. Do whatever you want!