Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A cheesey sauce that can be used with different cheeses for different things. Use cheddar and put it on veggies, or use parmesan and now you have alfredo! No eggs, no mayo. Recipe from my mom.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- In a small to medium-sized saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Slowly stir in milk until smooth and hot.
- Reduce heat, stir in cheese until melted.
- Mix in seasoning.
- Serve immediately.
Excellent cheese sauce. I made a half recipe with great success. Poured it over some cauliflower and the kids even enjoyed it...bonus! Made for Spring PAC '10. Thank you.
Cut this in half and used on some cauliflower and broccoli which I steamed up. DH doesn't really care for plain cauliflower but he did enjoy the sauce on the vegetables. (I think more than the vegies.) Thank you.