Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Came up with this sauce when making Sue L's technique for scrambled eggs #107476. Very easy and quick to make and complimented the eggs nicely. Can be spiced up with some cayenne pepper & chili powder, see comments below for amounts.
- 2 slices process American cheese (Velveeta would work too)
- 1 tablespoon dried chives or 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Melt over low heat until cheese melts.
- Spoon over scrambled eggs.
This recipe was just what I needed as a quick sauce for some leftover roasted red potatoes. Start to finish, this took less than five minutes. I used the Velveeta and added a dash of garlic pepper for more flavor. I'll use this again when I need something really fast and easy- thanks for sharing!