Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sauce is good over veggies or in pasta....my favorite is over a baked potato. You can buy nutritional yeast at most health food stores. Full of vit. B and protein!
- 2 cups rice milk (or broth, or whatever)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Heat "milk" or broth on med. heat.
- Take a couple Tbsp of the hot liquid and mix it with the cornstarch until it dissolves. Set aside.
- Add yeast flakes and spices to hot liquid. Stir until dissolved.
- Add cornstarch to mixture and let it bubble on low heat until it reaches the thickness you want.
- You can use more or less liquid, depending on just how thick you want it to be. Enjoy!
This was much better than I expected! I've only used nutritional yeast as flakes until now, and was surprised by how good it was in a sauce. I used soy milk w/a bit of Better Than Bouillon for the base & put the sauce on steamed broccoli.