Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe came from a microwave cookbook. It is the sauce for Macaroni and Cheese. It is very easy and quick. I made it for cauliflower.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 T butter in round 2 qt baking dish.
- Cook on high 1 minute until melted.
- Blend in flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Cook on high 7 to 9 minutes, stirring several times, until mixture thickens slightly.
- All 1&1/2 C cheese and stir until melted.