Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a microwave cookbook. It is the sauce for Macaroni and Cheese. It is very easy and quick. I made it for cauliflower.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place 2 T butter in round 2 qt baking dish.
- Cook on high 1 minute until melted.
- Blend in flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Cook on high 7 to 9 minutes, stirring several times, until mixture thickens slightly.
- All 1&1/2 C cheese and stir until melted.
Great cheese sauce! I used the same ingrediants, but modified it to be a single serving and it tastes great! I will be making this again!
This is the same way I make cheese sauce....except I have never added mustard. I was a little hesitant but you gotta give things a go...... right? I am so glad I did, the mustard added a wondrful flavour! A very easy recipe which I used over brocolli.......... and the taste .... was fantastic! I am going to add dry mustard a little more often to my cheese sauce now... Thanks Lavender Lynn for a great variation to my usual sauce!
This was good and easy to make. I liked that it was cooked in the microwave. My kids didn't care for the mustard in it. I put this over broccoli. I followed the recipe exactly as written.