Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Good over carrots and other vegetables, but you can adapt this sauce using other cheeses and omitting nutmeg. This recipe comes out of a magazine.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Microwave butter for 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour and microwave for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk and spices.
- Microwave on high for 3 min or until thick.
- stirring every minute.
- Stir in cheeses.