Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
From A Taste of Switzerland. A creamy cheese and radish salad, offset by a sharp, mustardy dressing. The author suggests serving this with boiled potatoes. If you can't find Tilsiter cheese, try Appenzeller, Vacherin, or Gruyere.
- 10 ounces tilsiter cheese
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 bunch radish
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- Grate the cheese, or cut into thin matchstick slices.
- Slice the radishes in half.
- In a bowl, combine cheese, radishes, shallot, and chives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients to form a dressing. Pour over th cheese mixture, and let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
I loved this colorful salad. The dressing was pleasantly tangy. I made this using the gruyere cheese since Tilsiter cheese is not readily available here. Thanx for posting!
What a delicious salad! A great combination of textures and flavors in this fresh tasting salad. Made with Edam cheese ( I love Tilsiter but was unable to source it) for the Food Photos and German Forum tag games. Thank you, Ingrid, for sharing this great salad with us!
I have to admit, I wasn't sure about this recipe, but was pleasantly surprised! Made for ZWT7 and the Saucy Silverados.