Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious layered potato and cheese recipe comes from Basel, Switzerland. Enjoy!
Make and share this Cheese Rosti recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, and let cool.
- Once cool, peel and grate potatoes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in large nonstick skillet, add a layer of potatoes and a layer of cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers.
- Dot each layer with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons hot water over the top layer, cover and saute at low to medium heat until bottom layer browns.
- Turn with spatula and brown again.
Yum...potatoes and cheese! What's not to love? Stacking the layers made me worry the middle wouldn't be done and the outside would be too brown, but I lowered the cooking temp and it turned out beautiful. I grated some onion and minced some garlic and threw that in with the potatoes....sorry, I'm a southern girl! Made for ZWT7.
This was delicious. I've made rosti before but they are usually too well done and dry for us. This one worked great by steaming them while browning. They were moist and wonderful. Thanks Linky for sharing such a nice winner. Congrats again on your 3rd (!!) football win this season.
Like others stated, whats not to love, potatoes and cheese, delicious!!! I cheated and used "Simply" hashbrown potatoes, so much quicker/easier and did scale it back for 2 servings. I used my individual omelette maker, which is a 2 sided pan with a locking mechanism on the handle, so I just flipped the pan to cook the other side. The cheese melted perfectly and the crusts were nice and crisp. I served this with some smoked sausage and fruit for a wonderful lunch. Thanks for sharing the recipe and congrats on the football pool win!!!! :)