Recipe by Jewelies
These freeze really well and I remember as a teenager coming home from late shift at work and heating these up as a late night snack. We always used Maggi onion soup mix. I haven't allowed for extra cheese for sprinkling on top in ingredient list. You can take the crusts off the bread if you wish, we never did.
Top Review by **Mandy**
My father in law works for Sunblest so I often have an abundance of bread. I made these & froze them for toddler DD's birthday party, great simple recipe that we all enjoyed, toddler DD preferred eating the cooled filling straight out of the pot..(lol) These are best eaten straight from the oven. Thanks Jewelies!
- 400 g evaporated milk (1 tin)
- 32 g onion soup mix
- 500 g cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 3 loaves sandwich bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all the above ingredients except bread and melt together over double boiler or in microwave.
- Roll each slice of bread with rolling pin which makes bread easier to handle.
- Spread with filling and roll up.
- Take from freezer, sprinkle with cheese and grill until cooked through.