Recipe by weekend cooker
another recipe from feed a family of 4 for under $10.00
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Have to say this is very good, and very simple. Excellent pesto, could use it for anything, but very good with the cheese ravioli! I added a little pasta water to make slightly more of a sauce, but really, excellent, I placed it under the broiler to just bake the top a little. Thank you for sharing, made for PRMR tag game
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese, ravoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shaved fresh parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ravioli according to package directions, omit salt, and fat. Drain.
- Combine spinach, basil, salt, red pepper, and garlic in a food processor.
- With processor running, add broth, olive oil, and lemon juice through chute until mixture is smooth.
- Combine ravioli , pesto, and tomato in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook for 1 minute or until warm.
- Spoon 3/4 cup into 4 bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese, and 4 teaspoons nuts.
- Garnish with basil if desired.