Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband and I have a garden, and we grow a lot of zucchini. I am always trying to come up with new recipes to highlight our love of zucchini.
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons white flour
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash pepper, to your taste
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash, cut
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, cut
- 1 lb of your favorite ravioli or 1 lb pasta
- In a Sauce Pan on LOW heat combine heavy whipping cream, white wine, butter, flour, oregano, parsley, 1 clove of garlic, cheese and some pepper.
- Whisk sauce gently while ingredients blend, then raise heat to Medium. Sauce will come to a boil, keep whisking every 4-6 minutes to prevent clumping.
- Once sauce has thickened, return heat to low, and let simmer. (Be careful NOT to burn sauce, since it is very delicate).
- While sauce is cooking, take olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, and zucchini. Cook in a sauté pan on medium heat. You can add pepper and a 2 teaspoons of White Wine to taste if you like. Let zucchini cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, then drain in a strainer.
- Prepare your pasta of choice as indicated on bag, and drain.
- In a serving bowl, combine pasta, white wine sauce, and zucchini (mix GENTLY).
- Sprinkle a some Pecorino Romano cheese on top and serve.
This is an excellent recipe, the sauce is absolutely divine, the aroma while cooking was tantalising! I used cheese tortellini, an excellent and filling choice of pasta, especially with the added zucchini (I only used zucchini, just upped the quantity). You could certainly use other pasta equally well, I would like to try this using penne, for example. Even without the vegetables this is a reaaly good pasta sauce, and very versatile, probably be lovely teamed with chicken as well. Very nice recipe, MellyBelly, I made this for PAC Fall 2011
I made this last night, and was amazed at how easy, satisfying, and tasty it turned out. Instead of using cheese ravioli, I used spinach spaghetti...My family really enjoyed this recipe, and I will definately be making it again:)