Recipe by JanuaryBride
Fast weeknight dinner made with pre-made and fresh ingredients. Recipe from Buitoni (maker of Italian food items in the grocery). They recommend serving it with crusty bread and a mixed greens salad. This is truly fancy enough for a dinner party!!!
Top Review by HEATHER H.
I made this and it wasn't bad, it just wasn't the best. I'm not giving it a star rating because it was likely the alfredo sauce I used. Good alfredo sauce is very hard to come by. I'm going to try another brand and give it a fair review next time :)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 10 ounces alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree (increase to 3/4 cup for more pumpkin flavor)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 18 ounces cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- In the meanwhile, cook wine and shallots in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- Stir sauce, pumpkin and sage into the shallots/wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 3-4 min).
- When pasta is finished cooking, drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water. Stir reserved water into sauce; toss with pasta.
- Sprinkle with green onion and freshly grated parmesean cheese if you like. Season with ground black pepper.