Creamy homemade alfredo sauce, fresh cheese ravioli and a luscious pumpkin-sage sauce combine for this quick and easy meal! Great served with a crisp green salad and a crusty baguette, -or- may be served as a starter. Notes: This dish from the Mantua region of Northern Italy is traditionally eaten on Christmas Eve. You can add a bit of fruit chutney, and sub pistachios for the pine nuts. Enjoy!
- 18 ounces fresh four-cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1/4 lb.)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves (or 1 teaspoon dry sage leaves)
- 1⁄2 cup 100% pumpkin puree (Libby's canned pumpkin)
- parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Drain the ravioli and set aside, keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet saute the green onions in the wine and butter over medium heat until the onions are softened and the butter is melted and begins to foam.
- Stir in the pumpkin and heat through.
- Remove from heat and blend in the cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and the sage leaves, stirring well to combine.
- TO SERVE:.
- Spoon the warm sauce over the ravioli. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, snipped parsley and toasted pine nuts.