1/3 Photos of Cheese Ravioli With Pumpkin Sage Sauce
Creamy homemade alfredo sauce, fresh cheese ravioli and a luscious pumpkin-sage sauce combine for this quick and easy meal! Great served with a crisp green salad and a crusty baguette, -or- may be served as a starter. Notes: This dish from the Mantua region of Northern Italy is traditionally eaten on Christmas Eve. You can add a bit of fruit chutney, and sub pistachios for the pine nuts. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces fresh four-cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup butter (1/4 lb.)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves (or 1 teaspoon dry sage leaves)
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree (Libby's canned pumpkin)
- parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Drain the ravioli and set aside, keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, in a skillet saute the green onions in the wine and butter over medium heat until the onions are softened and the butter is melted and begins to foam.
- 3Stir in the pumpkin and heat through.
- 4Remove from heat and blend in the cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and the sage leaves, stirring well to combine.
- 5TO SERVE:.
- 6Spoon the warm sauce over the ravioli. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, snipped parsley and toasted pine nuts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Ravioli With Pumpkin Sage Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 487.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves