Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I wasn't in the mood for marinara sauce on my ravioli, so I made this up, inspired by Olive Garden's Portabella Mushroom Ravioli, which is one of my favorites. When his ravioli was gone, my husband tried to lick his plate, but I wouldn't let him! It was delicious, quick and easy! Not exactly like Olive Garden's, but it was equally delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 dash ground marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli, cooked as directed on package
- fresh diced tomato, thinly sliced scallions, and grated Parmesan for garnish
- Heat 10-12" saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and melt butter.
- Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic and saute until mushrooms are browned and onions soft, being careful not to scorch the garlic.
- Sprinkle in 1 Tbps flour and stir, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, wine, 2 Tbsp grated parm, nutmeg, marjoram, sage, thyme, salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in milk and return to bubble.
- Serve over cooked ravioli and garnish with fresh chopped tomato, sliced scallions, and grated Parmesan cheese.