Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Olive Garden's Cheese Ravioli with Mushroom Ragu
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 6 ounces pancetta, diced in 1/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb beef tenderloin, diced in 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb domestic mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced and de-stemmed
- 1⁄4 lb portabella mushroom, cubed
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sweet butter
- 1 lb square cheese ravioli, cooked according to package directions
- parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley
- MELT 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy bottom roasting pan. Add pancetta, beef, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Brown on medium-high heat while stirring for about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more, then season with black pepper. Add white wine, chicken broth and tomatoes.
- SIMMER sauce on medium heat and cook about 2 hours, or until meat is tender. Add 1/4 cup of chilled butter while stirring sauce until butter is completely melted. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- ADD cooked, drained ravioli to sauce and stir to coat pasta. Place sauced ravioli on serving plate. Top with grated Parmesan and parsley.
- CHEF TIPS:.
- Substitute reconstituted dried porcini mushrooms for domestic mushrooms. Substitute thick bacon for pancetta. Add roasted red peppers to sauce. Add capers or black olives to sauce.