Recipe by Wildflour
I concocted this recipe years ago, and just came across it! It's rich, but to die for! Happy to share! ENJOY!
Top Review by ColCadsMom
I first have to admit that I lightened up the dish. I poached the chicken breasts in chicken broth with herbs, seasonings and onion. I then cooked the cheese ravioli in the remaining seasoned chicken broth. I heated a jar of Ragu light parmesan alfredo sauce, and added a little of the broth to thin it out and make it go farther (less than 1/2 cup). I then layered it (without the red pepper or black olives because the kiddos won't eat them) and topped with low fat mozzerella and parmesan instead of Mexican and Ricotta. The entire family GOBBLED it up! Next time I think I'll save a small portion to make in an individual casserole for myself, so that I can have the peppers, olives, and Mexican cheese! Thanks for posting a delicious meal!
- 1 bag frozen cheese ravioli, cooked and drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 lb) jarragu alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- black olives, sliced
- 1 (2 cup) packageshredded sargento four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) cont. ricotta cheese or 1 (16 ounce) cottage cheese
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken, garlic, a little salt and pepper, red peppers and onion in butter til chicken is done.
- Stir in mushrooms and olives. (I use about a half a can of olives.).
- In lightly greased 13x9 pan layer:.
- 1/2 cheese raviolis.
- 1/2 chicken mixture.
- 1/2 of the ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 of the alfredo sauce.
- 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Bake in 350º oven, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer.