Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I concocted this recipe years ago, and just came across it! It's rich, but to die for! Happy to share! ENJOY!
- 1 bag frozen cheese ravioli, cooked and drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 lb) jarragu alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- black olives, sliced
- 1 (2 cup) packageshredded sargento four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) cont. ricotta cheese or 1 (16 ounce) cottage cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Saute chicken, garlic, a little salt and pepper, red peppers and onion in butter til chicken is done.
- Stir in mushrooms and olives. (I use about a half a can of olives.).
- In lightly greased 13x9 pan layer:.
- 1/2 cheese raviolis.
- 1/2 chicken mixture.
- 1/2 of the ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 of the alfredo sauce.
- 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Bake in 350º oven, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer.
I first have to admit that I lightened up the dish. I poached the chicken breasts in chicken broth with herbs, seasonings and onion. I then cooked the cheese ravioli in the remaining seasoned chicken broth. I heated a jar of Ragu light parmesan alfredo sauce, and added a little of the broth to thin it out and make it go farther (less than 1/2 cup). I then layered it (without the red pepper or black olives because the kiddos won't eat them) and topped with low fat mozzerella and parmesan instead of Mexican and Ricotta. The entire family GOBBLED it up! Next time I think I'll save a small portion to make in an individual casserole for myself, so that I can have the peppers, olives, and Mexican cheese! Thanks for posting a delicious meal!
really yummy! made as written with cottage cheese and a couple tablespoons of ricotta i had in the fridge mixed in. i think this would be nice with some herbs de provence added to the sauce. rich and the leftovers disappeared!
adding a box of drained chopped spinach would bring this to another level!! YUM!