Recipe by Felix4067
Homemade raviolis, served in broth instead of the traditional tomato sauce for a change of pace.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cold water, as needed
- 5 ounces feta cheese, 1/4 inch cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup enoki mushrooms
- 2 cups assorted root vegetables, julienne cut (carrots, celery, rutabaga, turnips)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pasta dough: Mix flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, then pour 2/3 of the eggs into the flour mixture and blend well.
- Add the remaining eggs, lightly grease hands, and knead.
- If the dough is dry, gradually add 1-2 tsp of cold water until the dough binds.
- DON'T ADD TOO MUCH AT ONCE!
- Ravioli: Roll out the pasta dough to form two equal sized sheets of dough.
- Brush one dough sheet with the beaten egg.
- Mark circles, conserving the dough as much as possible, using a ring approximately 2 inches in diameter (I use a cookie cutter).
- Place one cube of cheese inside each circle.
- Place the second sheet of dough over the first.
- Using the cookie cutter, cut through both layers to make raviolis, pinching their edges together neatly.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and cheese until gone.
- Cook in plenty of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes, drain, and place ravilois in one serving bowl.
- Set aside.
- Broth: Simmer all ingredients until vegetables are tender.
- Adjust any seasonings as necessary to taste.
- Pour over bowl of raviolis and serve immediately.