Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My kids and their friends love this. We serve this regularly at our house.
Top Review by PixieDust
Wow!! Major comfort food at our house. We had this last week for a quick and easy supper. A complete hands down hit with me and the whole family. The cheese sauce is very rich and creamy, I could eat it right out of the pot. Thanks Nurse Di for another winner.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- toast points
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese, salt, dry mustard, and paprika.
- Gradually stir approx one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten egg; add to remaining hot mixture.
- Cook mixture over low heat 1 minute.
- Serve over toast points.