My kids and their friends love this. We serve this regularly at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- 2Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- 3Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 5Stir in Cheddar cheese, salt, dry mustard, and paprika.
- 6Gradually stir approx one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten egg; add to remaining hot mixture.
- 7Cook mixture over low heat 1 minute.
- 8Serve over toast points.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Rarebit
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.5
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 126.3 mg
- Sodium 553.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 18.4 g