Prep 20 mins
Cook 43 mins
These are great for parties, very simple to prepare, and are they ever good! I even have made these for a weekend snack.
- 36 Ritz crackers or 36 saltines, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into bottom of prepared baking pan; bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 cup Mozzarella cheese over crumb layer.
- Top with red peppers and remaining Mozza cheese.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, mustard and parsley.
- Pour evenly over cheese in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for another 30 minutes, or until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes; cut into 2x1-1/2-inch bars.
- Serve warm.
Served these at a party, cut into triangles, my guests loved them! I liked the mustard, but it seemed to overpower the quiche taste (maybe just a little bit less?) Simple to reheat, after baking I refrigerated overnight and reheated covered in foil at 350 for 20-30 mins. Great for entertaining!