Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a crustless quiche that is a favorite with all the cheese lovers.
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the first 7 ingredients.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to cheese mixture and mix well.
- Place in greased 9in pie plate.
- Bake at 400* for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350* and bake 30 more minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
As easy as it was good. I used onion salt instead of plain salt, which was a good addition. Also, I let it set up for about 10 minutes after I took it out of the oven.
I made this for breakfast this morning. So easy and real delicious. I liked the subtle flavor of the green chiles. Of course, it was very cheesy, which is never a bad thing. Thank you for a great breakfast idea.
Tastes like a combination of a strata and a quiche. Just delicious. Thanks.