Recipe by Tearanii
These are the best cheese quesadillas! They make a terrific meatless entree paired with beans and rice or an excellent appetizer cut into thinner wedges.
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 3 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapenos (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- salsa, on the side (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spread one side of each tortilla with butter; place four tortillas buttered side down on large skillet or griddle (may have to cook in batches).
- Whip cream cheese until fluffy; stir in onions, tomato and salt.
- Spread on tortillas in skillet to within 1/2-inch of edge; sprinkle on Colby Jack cheese and jalapeno.
- Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook on medium heat until bottom is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully flip quesadillas over to brown other side.
- Remove from heat and cut into 4 or 6 wedges.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa.