Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
For cheese-lovers everywhere...
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
QUICK and EASY preparation for a breakfast, lunch or snack. Great flavor! I used sour cream also as a condiment in addition to the salsa. Prepared as a participant in the Eggs and Dairy--Not just for Breakfast Event in the Photo Forum October 2009.
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- salsa, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheeses, chili peppers, and scallions.
- Lightly oil a griddle and heat over medium heat. Add the tortillas, one at a time, and fry lightly until faintly colored on each side.
- Arrange 3 tortillas on a large baking sheet. Top each with one-third of the cheese mixture. Cover with the remaining tortillas and press together lightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese begins to run. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.