Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so easy and taste so good. I learned this recipe when I worked in food service in college. We had to make 1000's of them so I got really good at it. I am not exaggerating when I tell you there are NEVER leftovers. You can even prepare them ahead of time and cook when you are ready.
- 10 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 16 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (you can sub cheddar or co-jack if you want)
- 1 (3 ounce) can green chilies
- Sprinkle approx 1/4 cup of cheese (I just sprinkle on as much as I want so this is a guess)on half the tortilla.
- Sprinkle approx a Tbls of Chilies ontop of cheese (usually sprinkle a little more cheese on top of chilies to make it stay together better).
- Fold the tortilla in half and butter it like a grilled cheese.
- Warm up non-stick griddle (I use my electric griddle you can use a skillet or frying pan).
- Fry like a grilled cheese untl golden brown on both sides or cheese is melted.
- Cut them in half and eat!
- 7. I like to dip it in sour cream or salsa.
- 8. *One sub I have made is getting fajita meat and add just like the chilies to make them more of a meal.
The green chilies gave this such a great flavor. I also sprinkled a bit of garlic powder and salt on the buttered tortillas before grilling. Went great with the black bean soup we had for dinner. Thanks for posting this yummy easy treat!
Buttering the tortillas makes a big difference. I usually just spray with cooking spray, but buttering makes them much better.