Recipe by Funandsweet623
These are so easy and taste so good. I learned this recipe when I worked in food service in college. We had to make 1000's of them so I got really good at it. I am not exaggerating when I tell you there are NEVER leftovers. You can even prepare them ahead of time and cook when you are ready.
Top Review by muncheechee
The green chilies gave this such a great flavor. I also sprinkled a bit of garlic powder and salt on the buttered tortillas before grilling. Went great with the black bean soup we had for dinner. Thanks for posting this yummy easy treat!
- 10 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 16 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (you can sub cheddar or co-jack if you want)
- 1 (3 ounce) can green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle approx 1/4 cup of cheese (I just sprinkle on as much as I want so this is a guess)on half the tortilla.
- Sprinkle approx a Tbls of Chilies ontop of cheese (usually sprinkle a little more cheese on top of chilies to make it stay together better).
- Fold the tortilla in half and butter it like a grilled cheese.
- Warm up non-stick griddle (I use my electric griddle you can use a skillet or frying pan).
- Fry like a grilled cheese untl golden brown on both sides or cheese is melted.
- Cut them in half and eat!
- 7. I like to dip it in sour cream or salsa.
- 8. *One sub I have made is getting fajita meat and add just like the chilies to make them more of a meal.