Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I use my Kittencal's Cheddar Loaves or Buns that I prepare and shape into small balls and then store in my freezer, but frozen store-bought dinner rolls will work fine, the store-bought frozen bread rolls usually come 12 in a package, so you will need three pacakges for this recipe. Prep time includes rising time but does not include thawing the frozen rolls. See Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) for greasing pan.
- 3 dozen frozen white bread rolls dough (thawed to room temperature)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter (more if needed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese (more if needed)
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese (or use cheddar cheese)
- Prepare a well greased 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Roll each thawed room temperature dough ball in the melted butter then in Parmesan cheese to coat.
- Arrange HALF of the coated dough balls in the well-greased pan.
- Sprinkle with all of the Provolone cheese or cheddar cheese, then top with remaining coated rolls.
- Sprinkle with any remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Let stand covered lightly with a clean tea towel in a warm place until doubled (about 1 or more hours).
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown (if needed, cover edges of the bread with foil during the last 10-15 minutes of baking if the bread becomes too dark).
- Use a table knife to loosen edges of the bread, then remove from pan.
- Serve warm.
this is so yummy i served it with green beans and souce and made a great dinner my family loved it and it was very simple